Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My thoughts on technology's role in the classroom!

Technology plays a large role in today's society! Unfortunately, I feel that it does not play a big enough role in the classroom today. Students are given the opportunity to use the computers in the computer lab, but i feel that they deserve more of an opportunity to just search and explore a computer. I also feel that most teachers do not use the computer enough during a class period.
What really suprised me was during one of my placements in sophomore practicum, my cooperating teacher used education websites quite a bit. She found interesting games and cartoon videos for the students to watch, which gave them something new and exciting to see and was also extremely educational. I thought this was a great way to break up the day and the students loved it! This was one of the only times i've seen a teacher really take advantage of using the interent for educational purposes and it worked out great.

As for me, I love exploring what new technology has to offer, unfortunately I need a little guidance at times. My boyfriend just recently purchased the iphone and i love seeing all of the great "apps" he downloads and the crazy things it can do! We've used google maps to help us find a destination and have even used the level while hanging pictures! It amazes me what it can do! I can do most of the basics with technology and love being able to explore, new cameras, phones and programs on computers!

No comments:

Post a Comment